CDF Online Java Home Page
, Java Development Kit
Java Foundation Classes version
The Java Tutorial
Dick Baldwin's Lecture Notes
(Austin Community College, Texas). Includes substantial Java 1.1 material.
by Elliote Rusty Harold.
example with a simple GUI.
A PC based CD-ROM course is available in the CDF training room.
Javasoft (Sun) Home Page
- includes documentation, SunSoft book references, JDK distribution for Solaris, Windows NT for downloading.
"Thinking in Java" by Bruce Eckel.
Local html versions:
Elliote Rusty Harold
A tutorial, FAQs and other useful references.
Cetus Java Links
- Links to numerous Java related resources.
Java Development Kit
The Java Development Kit, including compiler, class libraries, and interpreter may be downloaded at no charge from the following sites:
version with better native thread support. Requires Solaris 2.6 or patched 2.5.1.
- Version 1.1.8v1 is recommended, note that effectively FNAL RedHat 6.1 is required due to the kernel and glibc requirements. The tya jit compiler seems to work and is available at B0.
has a Linux version. It effectively requires FNAL RedHat 6.1. This version does not support the original native C code interface hence FISION calls from Java will not work.
Microsoft versions are not fully compatible with the above and are
Demos, Examples, etc.
Hubble Space Telescope
- The Goddard Space Flight Center has redone the user interface using Java.
- Java applets are also used for space shuttle monitoring.
NASA Satellite Tracking
- Numerous examples, most with source code
- more examples, utilities, etc.
Last modfied by firstname.lastname@example.org